Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Going Home

So as most of you know, my hubby is in the Army.  We are stationed in Missouri, and we recently bought a home here.  (which is amazing I might add)  Well, we have less than a year and a half left here, and werent really sure where we were going to go after this.  I for one will not stay here.  My home may be awesome, but it ends there.  I dont appreciate my life being threatened all summer (fall, winter, spring) by tornadoes.  And I could never get over that.  

Being from California (yup, California, the state that elected a freaking movie star as its Governator, I mean governor)  we were sure we didnt want to move back there.  We tossed around Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, and Washington, but we dont fit there.  We fit in our original little ranch town in Northern California.  we fit near our friends and our family.  Near all the recreation (the camping, the lake, the mountains!) Near my Team Roping family!!  We are meant to be right where we started!  And I am so thankful we know now, before its too late.  

Now I am looking for homes there, and planning on the ropings, spring musicals at my old elementary school, and football games.  My hubby isnt thrilled (california has the dumbest gun laws) but if youre picking a state on the gun laws, youre an idiot.  I want my girls to know their family!  I want to be near them too!!  My horses are there, and essentially, our lives are there.  We need to be there too!!

So we came to a decision, that once his contract is up, were going home.  And I couldn't be more thrilled with that choice ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment