Monday, February 28, 2011

Holy Tornado...Almost

So I am completely terrified of this weather here in Missouri. Im not sure how to deal with these storms, or how seriously to take them.  Well, last night I took it very seriously.  All day yesterday they were saying that a bad storm was coming and to get prepared.  The storm was producing tornadoes and BASEBALL sized hail!  So we live in a mobile home.  Yeah think what you want but were renters and its actually very nice :)  Anywho.  So we live in a mobile and im not sure if you have ever read the "What to do if a tornado warning has been issued" handbook, but apparently it reads as follows:

In a Mobile Home



  • Leave your mobile home immediately and take shelter elsewhere.

    Thats literally all it says.  REALLY???!!!!  That means you have no chance if you're in a mobile home!! haha.  So i emailed our landlords (who literally live a football field away from us)  And he said we could come hunker down in his basement if the storm got bad.
    I watched the weather all day and by 10:30pm I has a bag packed the girls in their car seats and was ready to head to the neighbors house...by this point my husband was thuroughly ticked off at my "freaking out over nothing" and a tornado watch was in effect.

    By 11 I had emailed my landlord telling him we were headed on over and he turned on his porch light for us :)  We grabbed the dogs and the kids and ran up the hill...Not 2 minutes after we got there the tornado sirens started blairing and we headed into the basement.

    We got hit HARD by this storm...thankfully there wasn't a tornado near us but there were 60+ mph winds heavy rain, crazy lightning and just overall bad.  Needless to say Nick wasn't very happy that we went over there for "nothing" and that he could have been asleep.  But I am happy to know that had something devastating happened my family would have been safe.  All this means to me is that we need a basement!!  BAD! HaHa.  Anyway, were all safe and we missed the almost tornado :)

    DISCLAIMER:  Don't mind me blabbing in the videos...i have a tendency to do so, and I always sound weird...

    And to brighten this post and your day (as it did mine)  here is Rylie...squealing hehe


    And Laramie rolling over


    No comments:

    Post a Comment