Thursday, July 4, 2013

Let It Grow, Let It Grow, Let It Grow :)

Okay, Its technically 1:21am on July 4th (happy independence day! but i havent been to bed yet so it still counts right? right.

Alright folks, I have decided to begin something that I have wanted to do for a long time, but just havent done because I didnt want to face the music, or split ends in my case.  I have decided to begin my hair growing journey.  HAHA i sound crazy right now, its okay, I understand.

This is something I have wanted to do for about a year, but knew that doing this the right way would mean chopping off all of my damaged ends.  This has been my biggest deturrent from actually moving forward with this process.  I havent really cut my hair since before I found out I was pregnant.  I cut about 8 inches off in December of 2009.  Since then, just little trims have happened.  My hair grew a LOT while I was pregnant, and It hit its longest point ever in August of last year.  Then I trimmed it, and it hasnt been the same since. 

So I have decided to begin by sectioning my hair into three layers because, well, its already in three layers.  I trimmed each layer and measured them after cutting.  The beginning stats are as follows.

Right Side of My Head

Longest Layer ::24.5inches
Middle Layer::  23 inches
Shortest Layer::21 inches
Bangs Layer::  11 inches

Left Side of My Head

Longest Layer::23.25 inches
Middle Layer::20 inches
Shortest Layer::18.5 inches
Bangs Layer ::6 inches

Now you may be wondering why the lengths are different for each side of my head.  Do not fear, my hair is even, however my part is on the left side of my head about an inch- inch and a half from the center of my head.  So the layers on the left are shorter.

So I am going to update each month and add what products are working for me!  Let me go over the hair growth guidelines I am following.

1)  No heat.  no blow dryers, curling irons, or straighteners (this will be the hardest one for me!)
2) No more hair color
3) moroccan oil
4) deep conditioning coconut oil masks once weekly
5) trimming 1/4-1/2 inch every 3 months
6) switching to a 100% boar bristle brush and a large tooth comb

among other sub categories to the aforementioned  rules, thats it!


No comments:

Post a Comment