Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Bread






Oh my goodness ladies, this bread is to DIE for!  I found the recipe here and it is amazing!  Its hard to find things to make that don't cost an arm and a leg, and aren't full of preservatives.  This is definitely going to be added to my weekly breakfast meal plan.  I altered the recipe to fit my liking, but you can do it however you want :)  Lets get to it.


INGREDIENTS

1-1/3 cup flour (I used whole wheat flour)
2/3 oats, rolled or old fashion
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup chocolate chips (I used 1/3 cup of each white and semi sweet)
1 egg
3 TBSP, melted butter (i used margarine)
1 cup buttermilk (i used light soy milk)

 THE HOW TO
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
Mix all dry ingredients together in a mixer.
  In a separate bowl combine milk, egg, and melted butter.  
Pour wet ingredients in your mixer with everything else.  
Bake in the oven for 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted comes out clean.

ENJOY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment