Friday, March 29, 2013

Thankful for the Pictures

So I may have just been looking at all the photos of the girls from the day they were born.  I may be crying as I type this....
This will forever be my favorite photo.  About 20 minutes after the girls were born, I was still in surgery getting put back together, and Nick was with the girls back in our room.  I wasnt here for these first moments with them, but I am so thankful to have them in pictures.


It brings back everything from that day.  Its odd that I forgot all the small details up until now.  I remember asking over and over again if they were okay.  I remember feeling the last 10 minutes of being stitched up.  I remember signing in, I remember everything.  I am so thankful for all of these memories.


Even this memory....the very first time holding them, and feeling so nauseous that I had to hand them off.  I nursed them one at a time, and held off throwing up for 2 hours.  It was amazing and beautiful!  

Right now, these same little girls are DESTROYING their bedroom instead of napping.  But that okay, because I am beyond thankful to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment